Hope you were labor-free today and that you'll come enjoy local farmers' labor tomorrow at our Farmers' Market. Get an apple for teacher and fresh veggies, fruit, eggs, herbs, baked goods, honey, jam and cheese for yourself every Tuesday behind the library, 331 Delaware Ave. 4 to 7 pm. WIC coupons and EBT (Food Stamp) cards welcome.
1. Double your good, or maybe it's triple? The Yoga Loft, 540 Delaware Ave in the neighborhood, is offering Sunday Sadhana September 23 from 9:30-11am. This month all donations for this yoga practice will benefit the wonderful Music Mobile. Open to all. Be good to your community and to you. www.theyogaloft.net
2. A fall ritual - Albany's Household Hazardous Waste & Electronics Drop-off Days - Thursdays, September 6, 20, October 4, & 18 from 4 to 7 pm. You must pre-register by calling 434-2489 or online at www.albanyrecycles.com
3. Know a landlord or want to be one? Albany needs good landlords. Become one at the AHP Homeownership Center's workshop on Weds., September 26 at 5:30 at 255 Orange Street in Albany. Expert presenters will help landlords create quality housing, protect their residential property and help create safe and vibrant neighborhoods. Light refreshments. Handicap accessible. Free parking. To register 434-1730 or www.ahphome.org.
4. An open competitive exam for police officer positions will be held on Saturday, November 17. Applications for the test must be received by September 27. Contact the Albany Municipal Civil Service Commission, City Hall Room 301, Albany, New York 12207, Tel (518) 434-5049
16. Have you signed up yet for a comprehensive energy assessment? (Free for most New Yorkers.) It's the first step to saving money and energy and accessing NYSERDA energy efficiency programs. The Affordable Housing Partnership will guide you through the process and help you figure out what program is right for you. Check out www.GreenCapitalRegion.org for an application and to be counted in Albany's Neighborhood Energy Challenge.