Monday, May 21, 2012

VISTA Volunteer needs housing

I am forwarding this request from Carolyn Stallard  for assistance in finding a room to rent. I met Carolyn through her work with refugees, she came to observe and assist at the Saturday sewing class I have organized at St. John the Evangelist and St. Joseph Church  in Rensselaer. She is energetic, multi-talented and organized. If my daughter wasn't getting married this summer, I would jump at the chance to have Carolyn stay with us.Do you know or are you empty- nesters who have room? Any musicians who need a live-in percussionist?
Contact Carolyn directly.
Julie E





For those of you know who don't know me, my name is Carolyn and I am serving as the AmeriCorps*VISTA member working with the Refugee and Immigrant Support Services of Emmaus (RISSE) in Albany, NY. I have been working with RISSE since August and am hoping to continue my service for a second year.

My current apartment lease ends at the end of May, and I need to find a new place to live. However, living on an AmeriCorps salary of roughly $800/month makes affording an apartment in Albany extremely difficult. Over the past few months I have had multiple housing options lined up for this summer and next semester, but again and again they have fallen through. I have spent the last month doing all I can to find a place to stay at least for the summer, but I am running out of options. I am a percussionist and practice my drum set occasionally and vibraphone almost daily.  I know I can be a noisy person to live with,  but I am hoping to further my musical career in the future so practicing is an important part of my daily life. I am otherwise fairly quiet and responsible.

 If you or someone you know can help me find a place to live, please email me back at your earliest convenience. I greatly appreciate your help with this. Unfortunately, I may not be able to continue my VISTA service if I cannot find affordable housing.  Thank you in advance for your help.


Sincerely,
Carolyn Stallard

Carolyn Stallard
AmeriCorps*VISTA Project Coordinator
The College of Saint Rose &
The Refugee and Immigrant Support Services of Emmaus
Office: 518-458-5318

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow, and we are its makers."
-Juliette G. Low


No comments:

Post a Comment