I hope you had a good holiday and wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year. The agenda for January 4 CANA meeting is shown below. Please remember that we are collecting for the overflow shelter at First Lutheran Church at this meeting and would appreciate your bringing any of the following items.
- Cleaning products: Pine Sol, bleach, laundry detergent, disk detergent, dryer sheets.
- Paper Products: paper towels, napkins, toilet paper, facial tissue, heavy duty 20 gal. trash bags, food service gloves, heavy-duty paper hot cups, bowls, plates, sturdy plastic eating utensils.
- Clothing: new socks and underwear for men.
- Toiletries: small-sized toothpaste, shampoo,deodorant, shaving cream, disposable razors, hand sanitizer.
- Food: pre-sweetened drink mixes, canned apple and orange juices, snacks (cookies, popcorn, etc.), sugar, coffee, powdered creamer.
Council of Albany Neighborhood Associations (CANA)
Monthly Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Main Branch Albany Public Library (Parking available at rear of library)
a) Leif Engstrom, Chief City Auditor, audit of codes enforcement.
3) Committee Reports
a) Public Safety Issues: Police; Fire
b) Committee on University and Community Relations – Tom Gebhardt,
c) Codes Committee Report – John O'Grady
e) Reverend Joyce Hartwell, Economic Development/Social Justice
a) Financial Report as of December 27, 2011
i) Current checking account balance at Citizens Bank - $2,413.48
b) CANA dues are due for 2012: $25 for neighborhood associations; $10 for individuals.
c) Collecting for the Overflow Shelter at First Lutheran Church
5) Reminder about CANA ListServ
i) CANA ListServe to simplify the mailing process and store all the sent e-mails in one place. To subscribe to this mailing list, please go to this site, http://www.topica.com/lists/CANA/, and choose "subscribe," under the heading "To Join," or send an e-mail to CANAfirstname.lastname@example.org.
6) Future Meetings
a) February 1, 2012 – Mayor Jennings, State-of-the-City
Please remember that our meetings may be recorded for broadcast